µLua DS - Forum officiel | Official forum Index du Forum

µLua DS - Forum officiel | Official forum
Le bon endroit pour en savoir plus sur MicroLua et pour parler de vos projets ! | The right place to learn more about MicroLua and talk about your projects !

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer   ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

How many DSs can link up at once with Micro Lua?

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    µLua DS - Forum officiel | Official forum Index du Forum -> English section -> Miscellaneous -> About µLua
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
BinaryBob

MessagePosté le: Lun 20 Jan 2014 - 06:11    Sujet du message: How many DSs can link up at once with Micro Lua? Répondre en citant

I couldn't find the player maximum for multiplayer. What is it, and does it change depending on if the multiplayer is local or over Wi-Fi?

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Lun 20 Jan 2014 - 06:11    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Thomas99

MessagePosté le: Lun 20 Jan 2014 - 17:40    Sujet du message: How many DSs can link up at once with Micro Lua? Répondre en citant

With Nifi and UDP sockets, there isn't any limitation (except the DS' memory). With TCP sockets, it depends of the server you connect to. So you normally will not have any problem with the maximum number of player.
Mon site \o/

Visiter le site web du posteur
Reylak
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Mar 21 Jan 2014 - 20:14    Sujet du message: How many DSs can link up at once with Micro Lua? Répondre en citant

I am almost certain the Nifi system does have limitation, which I believe is up to 16 players at once on a single channel (I can't recall how many channels there are).
You know this useless Pictochat thing? Well, it has as many chat rooms as channels and each one can welcome up to 16 people Wink

Wifi hasn't really any limitation, but if you intend to make your console act as a server, it will be quickly limited. If you can build a "real" server out of a PC then it will be okay, the way it will function will resemble the MMO way of working.

Plein d'infos sur le SourceForge !

Visiter le site web du posteur MSN Skype
BinaryBob

MessagePosté le: Ven 24 Jan 2014 - 00:41    Sujet du message: How many DSs can link up at once with Micro Lua? Répondre en citant

Pictochat has a 16 player limit. I would definitely like to know if that limit applies to Micro Lua. I figured the "WIFI MMO" thing would be like that. I plan on making a Micro Lua version of some relatively simple (in terms of computation required) abstract strategy board games with even simpler graphics that could have quite a lot of players taking turns.

Reylak
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: Ven 24 Jan 2014 - 19:28    Sujet du message: How many DSs can link up at once with Micro Lua? Répondre en citant

Look, if you intend to make some MMO-thing, there is no limit coming from the NDS except its Wifi bandwidth. I assume that you plan to have a server out there on the Internet, and then any amount of NDS can connect to it through Wifi (of course your server has limit hardware capabilities but it is not related to our console).

But on the opposite, if you plan to make this multiplayer game usable locally, then there is definitely a limit of 16 Nintendo DS connected together.

(French translation? :3)

Plein d'infos sur le SourceForge !

Visiter le site web du posteur MSN Skype
BinaryBob

MessagePosté le: Dim 26 Jan 2014 - 20:09    Sujet du message: How many DSs can link up at once with Micro Lua? Répondre en citant

16 over Nifi should be enough for my purposes. Thanks for confirming that is the limit.

Contenu Sponsorisé

MessagePosté le: Aujourd’hui à 09:33    Sujet du message: How many DSs can link up at once with Micro Lua?

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    µLua DS - Forum officiel | Official forum Index du Forum -> English section -> Miscellaneous -> About µLua Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation