I am happy to present you the brand new version of MicroLua: the 4.7 !
I have a few things I'd like to say here, this is the same text than the one you have under the section "Comments" of the changelog in you package.
Looking behind me, I can see that the last "stable" version, the 4.6, was released in November 2012 (and the 4.6.1 in February 2013). Now we are in September 2013, seven months in the future and I can assure you that it was a little war to get to this.
The 4.6.1 came accross the finding of the time bug on the 3DS, which produced a 4.6.1_a because I could only figure a poor workaround for this bug. Moreover, we managed to include the utilisation of the EFS on about the same period, and all of this resulted in some weird, ugly version "Microlua 4.6.1_a [EFS]". And I was thinking: come on, tidy up this mess. This lasted about five months I think, eh.
So two months ago, I felt like it was the right time to change how things were going. We were too attached to the old period around 2009 when Risike was working alone on this, we need to emancipate from this history. And Google helped us for this, as they decided to remove the upload space they allowed to the projects on GoogleCode. From this point, I migrated MicroLua to SourceForge, I rearranged things up by updating the Wiki, making new issues, designing the lead of MicroLua by building milestones; we have some ideas up to the version 6.0 you know!
When I finally got over this side-work, I pulled my sleeves up and did the things that needed to be done: update the sources of Lua (we were so outdated!), fix some stupid warnings on compilation process, finally fix the function `System.listDirectory()`, and above all, officially add the EFS and the workaround for the 3DS. Add to this a rearrangement of the Timers and the removal of DateTime, which were needed because of the update of the sources of Lua, and some nice small improvements, and you get the version in this folder: Microlua 4.7. Clean, pure version.
As I write these lines I feel like it was some kind of marathon, althought it could have started much sooner than two months ago. And I think this is one of the biggest changelog I have ever written for MicroLua. I'm proud of it, of MicroLua, of what we've done with this and of what we can achieve simply by keeping things up.
Now I'm gonna cry a river like a pussy, but hey this is a great adventure.
Hobie-ho my friends!
3DS owners : please read carefully the installation instructions below!
II. Installation manual
There is nothing easier than installing MicroLua on your linker!
First of all, download the package then extract it somewhere on your computer. Once done, simply copy the folder lua on the root of your linker along with the binary MicroLua 4.7.nds (although the latter can be put anywhere).
Now test the installation: power your console and run MicroLua! If everything is okay you should see the shell of MicroLua (some king of home homebrew) which look like this:
If you have a 3DS, you will experience a time bug which prevents the date to update during the execution of MicroLua. In order of solving it (or more like going around it), here are the required steps:
- in the folder lua lies a file named myboot_example; rename it under myboot.lua
- now open it then delete everything between lines 32 and 49, inclusive
- save the changes
That is to say the file should be:
IV. Readme please!
Plein d'infos sur le SourceForge !